The Indiana Broadcasters Foundation announced ten recipients of its 2020 scholarship program – awarding $50,000 total to students who attend colleges and universities across the state.
Since 2011, the Indiana Broadcasters Foundation has awarded more than $270,000 to Indiana colleges and universities with broadcasting programs, including $50,000 awarded to ten students last year.
The program is funded by the Foundation and contributions members of the Indiana Broadcasters Association.
2020 Indiana Broadcasters Foundation Scholarship Recipients
- John Bannec (Indiana University)
- Haley Jordan Begay (Indiana University)
- Blake Chapman (Ball State University)
- Grant Covey (Ball State University)
- Thomas Gismondi (University of Indianapolis)
- Seena Greiwe (Ball State University)
- Caitlen LaMarche (Vincennes University)
- Kadie Spoor (Goshen College)
- Taylor Woods (University of Indianapolis)
- Micah Yason (Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis)
Why It Matters
I was very shocked and I am grateful and blessed because this scholarship actually came at the perfect time when I needed it the most.
It allows me to explore many different avenues of creative expression that I never had the financial backing to do so.
I have one semester left at IU-Bloomington and it is going to pay for my entire semester.
It helps me financially with school and tuition, but also putting on a resume for future internships interviews, it can help me in that aspect as well.
I had to work four, part-time jobs to reach the amount of the scholarship and then some, so it helps a lot.