Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program (ABIP)
Helping Indiana television and radio stations to stay compliant is a key service of the Indiana Broadcasters Association. No station wants to face tens of thousands of dollars in fines from the FCC, especially when such fines can be prevented by keeping your facility up to date. That’s why we offer the Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program (ABIP.)
Learn more about what’s included with an ABIP inspection in the video, below:
IBA offers the Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program (ABIP) to help stations avoid violations. Upon receiving an ABIP Certificate of Compliance, we recommend posting it prominently at the entrance to your station. This certificate signals to the FCC that a spot inspection is not necessary, unless there has been a specific complaint about your station.
To prepare for an upcoming ABIP inspection, we recommend downloading and reading through the appropriate checklist. This is the same guide that our ABIP inspectors use to conduct station inspections:
- FCC Inspection Checklist (2006)
- AM Broadcast Station Self-Inspection Checklist (2009)
- FM Broadcast Station Self-Inspection Checklist (2009)
- FM Translator and Booster Station Self-Inspection Checklist (2008)
- Low Power FM Station Self-Inspection Checklist (2008)
- TV Broadcast Station Self-Inspection Checklist (2009)
- Class A TV Broadcast Self-Inspection Checklist (2009)
- Low Power TV, TV Translator and TV Booster Station Self-Inspection Checklist (2010)
Should one of our ABIP inspectors find an issue during an inspection, then a station can work with the inspector to remedy the problem and get the green light for an ABIP Certificate of Compliance.
Stations interested in getting on the calendar for ABIP can contact the Indiana Broadcasters Association at ABIP@IndianaBroadcasters.org and fill out the following two forms.
Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program Remittance Form
IF EXTENSIVE VIOLATIONS MANDATE A RE-INSPECTION BEFORE IBA-ABIP CERTIFICATION CAN BE GRANTED – NOTE: RE-INSPECTION Cost: $150.00/hour PLUS: Travel rates at current IRS mileage rate.