General Job Description:
ABC 57 and The CW 25 is looking for a News Producer to tell the stories about our area that we all want to hear. This isn’t just about getting “it”; this is about being part of it. This job isn’t a show-stacking job. It’s a job that requires a candidate who can manage the market’s most dedicated reporters and most live capabilities.
Develop and organize newscasts on deadline; responsible for writing, story development, and newscast design.
Responsible for being a key communicator in the newsroom – talking with each person that will participate or provide content for that newscast.
Understand newscast mission, station priorities and be familiar with all the platforms.
Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
Write clearly and informatively for multiple platforms.
Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
Responsible for oversight of live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions.
Work with Multimedia Journalists and Reporters to improve story and presentation.
Other duties, as assigned.
- Must be able to build a compelling newscast using the market’s most sophisticated technology.
- Previous experience with broadcast technology a plus.
- Strong writing, keen editorial judgment and the ability to handle breaking news are a requirement.
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work independently.
Bachelors degree and/or equivalent job experience
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance Package
Long Term Disability Insurance
401k with Company Match
Paid Qualified-FMLA Leave
How to Apply
If you have what we are looking for, please apply with your resume, cover letter, and a link to your demo reel at https://wciu.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/f546c8c6-d759-74ca-7455-ffd1b8515dab/apply?source=1615588-CS-26891
WBND - abc 57