• The News Director leads and supervises all aspects of news, weather, sports, and corporate content initiatives. We are in the Evansville Indiana DMA which serves Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois. News content M-Sun for WEHT ABC 25 and provide news for WTVW CW 7 (Mission Broadcasting). Combined M-F is 9.5 hours per day. Weekends cover EN and LN. Leads all news efforts on all content platforms.
• Manages all aspects of the News Department (Production staff is separate)
• Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the News Department.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
• Develops news coverage strategy for the station and its website.
• Critiques newscasts daily to correct errors, improve coverage and provide mentoring feedback to news staff.
• Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met.
• Ensures achievement of viewer rating goals.
• Determines programming and evaluation of equipment needs to produce quality programming.
• Responds to coverage questions.
• Works with other senior station leaders to establish and reach station goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• We have won many Indiana Broadcasters Association “Spectrum” awards and several Emmy’s by various talent.
• Most experienced News teams. “Most Watched – Most Trusted”
• CW Affiliate of the Year
• Many community partnerships and involvement
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum five years’ experience in news programming production, with at least two years’ experience in a leadership role. (More or less depending on market size.)
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Experience preparing and maintaining departmental budgets.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flex, paid time off as in vacation/sick/personal
How to Apply
To apply online: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Nexstar Broadcasting is an EEO