WLFI-TV 18, the CBS Network Affiliate in West Lafayette, IN – the home of Purdue University, has an opening for a hands on and dynamic News Director with the talent, energy and leadership to lead our News Department. We are a well-equipped station and market leader, backed by research and consulting, owned by a company that also owns The Weather Channel, Entertainment Studios, and The Grio. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, skilled communicator who leads our team in the execution of market-leading breaking news, weather coverage and community service on all platforms daily.
– Directs the gathering and production of news content for broadcast and digital platforms, leveraging the use of digital tools to enhance news gathering and dissemination.
– Supervises personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
– Budget administration.
– Strategic planning in collaboration with other department Heads on station initiatives.
– Broadcast television newsroom management experience.
– Proven track record of mentoring/coaching a news staff.
– Ability to demonstrate how the candidate has improved news product at another broadcast television station.
– Candidate must have a proven record of leadership and success in managing a local news operation
– Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a small market staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
– Strong communication skills.
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
WLFI offers Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options, 401K , vacation and Sick Time.
How to Apply
Allen Media Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer. Allen Media Broadcasting recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other legally-protected status.
Note: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned. Job offer contingent on background check and drug screen.
Apply online at www.wlfi.com
No Image Available.
West Lafayette, IN
Executive, On-Air, Production,