WEVV-TV, the CBS & FOX affiliate in Evansville, Indiana, is looking for a Multimedia Journalist.
Deliver the news in a clear, pleasant, authoritative, and professional manner. Review/correct scripts, contribute story ideas, and represent the station at community events. Report on stories both from the studio and in the field. Write stories on line, and for social Media. Make and maintain contacts, and come to work with story ideas. Shoot & edit video. Must be able to assume leadership position. Is able to multi-task and work under pressure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write stories for on-air, online, and for social media.
• Make calls on news stories
• Proof read and correct scripts from reporters and others prior to air and prior to publishing on web sites, Facebook, etc. Make changes as necessary, including fact checks, spelling errors, and grammatical mistakes.
• Gather news and information and relay/report it to viewers/readers in a clear, understandable, fair, and accurate manner.
• Shoot video, edit video, and set up live shots.
• Receive and answer phone calls from views in a professional manner.
• Represent the station at community events such as parades, station sponsored events, speeches at schools or to various organizations, etc.
• Be available for various promotional shoots
• Perform all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required that contribute to the smooth running for the department and to the achievement of departmental and station goals.
• All WEVV, WEVV-D-2 employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the workplace and be cheerful, cooperative and productive and to perform other such duties as me be required for the efficient operation of the station.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum 2 years of media/digital experience.
College Degree in Journalism preferred.
How to Apply
Interested in joining our team? Send a resume and a link to samples of your work: