WEVV-TV, the CBS & FOX affiliate in Evansville, Indiana, is looking for a Multimedia Journalist.
Deliver the news in a clear, pleasant, authoritative, and professional manner. Review/correct scripts, contribute story ideas, and represent the station at community events. Report on stories both from the studio and in the field. Write stories on line, and for social Media. Make and maintain contacts, and come to work with story ideas. Shoot & edit video. Must be able to assume leadership position. Is able to multi-task and work under pressure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write stories for on-air, online, and for social media.
• Make calls on news stories
• Proof read and correct scripts from reporters and others prior to air and prior to publishing on web sites, Facebook, etc. Make changes as necessary, including fact checks, spelling errors, and grammatical mistakes.
• Gather news and information and relay/report it to viewers/readers in a clear, understandable, fair, and accurate manner.
• Shoot video, edit video, and set up live shots.
• Receive and answer phone calls from views in a professional manner.
• Represent the station at community events such as parades, station sponsored events, speeches at schools or to various organizations, etc.
• Be available for various promotional shoots
• Perform all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required that contribute to the smooth running for the department and to the achievement of departmental and station goals.
• All WEVV, WEVV-D-2 employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the workplace and be cheerful, cooperative and productive and to perform other such duties as me be required for the efficient operation of the station.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum 2 years of media/digital experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A valid driver’s license is a requirement
High school graduate with a college degree preferred. Experience in the broadcast journalism is required. Good working knowledge of video and audio equipment necessary. Journalistic integrity is a must.
How to Apply
Apply at https://www.wevv.com/about-us/jobs