Multi Media Journalist
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
1. Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
2. Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
3. Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
4. Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
5. Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
Must have superior on-air presence.
Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
A valid driver’s license with a good driving record is necessary.
Writing and editing skills is a must
Must be able to interact with viewers/users on social media sites.
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting Journalism, or a related field.
Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Flex, & PTO
How to Apply
Nexstar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer