Stations Required to Register by Next Friday, August 26
With a nationwide EAS test coming up on September 28, the FCC is requiring stations file registration paperwork by next Friday:
- Form One for the EAS Test Reporting System (ETRS) must be filed on or before August 26, 2016. Form One filings may be edited until September 26, 2016. A form needs to be filed for each station.
- Form Two, indicated by the EAS test results, must be filed on or before 11:59 pm EDT on September 28, 2016 – the same day as the test.
- And Form Three must be filed on or before November 14, 2016.
The FCC will hold a free webinar this Thursday for station personnel charged with navigating the FCC submission system for ETRS. Here are details:
Event: ETRS Webinar: Registration and Filing Form One
Date: Thursday, August 18, 2016
Time: 2:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time
Event number: 996 921 885 Event password: fcc123
- On the right under “Join Event Now” enter your name and email address
- Enter the meeting password, fcc123
- Click on “Join Now”
The ETRS is a system in which EAS Participants must file identifying information, day of test data, and post-test data related to a nationwide test. ETRS provides several new features that ease the data-entry burden on EAS Participants, encourage timely filings, and minimize input errors. The ETRS also offers new data fields that are responsive to stakeholder comments.
The EAS Test Reporting System (ETRS) is now live. It can be accessed from the links below.
Forms Two and Three will be available at 2:20 pm EDT on September 28, 2016. At that time, ETRS users can access Forms Two and Three by navigating to one of the records that they created by filing Form One, then clicking on the name of the form they wish to file in the top-right corner of the page.
ETRS users can navigate to the list of their facilities’ records by clicking on the Records tab, and clicking on EAS Test Records.
ETRS users can also navigate to a specific record by clicking on the link provided in the confirmation e-mail that they received after filing Form One. Forms Two and Three can also be submitted via a batch filing. Forms Two and Three for a facility must be filed using the same ETRS account that filed Form One for that facility.