Weekend News Anchor/Reporter
We take our weekend news obligation seriously and this is a rare opportunity to lead that effort from the anchor chair in the morning. If you have strong newsgathering skills and a great camera presence, then we may have a spot for you at Fort Wayne’s News Leader WANE 15. Ideal candidate will have previous reporter and anchor experience and proven leadership skills. Digital platform skills and live field reporting experience a must. This position REQUIRES working weekends.
The News Anchor Reporter serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner
• Assists in producing the newscast and communicates clear direction with team members
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming, making phone calls, editing and other content production duties
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned
• Conducts interviews both live and recorded
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Makes public appearances monthly on behalf of the station
• Writes content for the website and other social platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues
• Experience shooting, writing and editing their own content
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Ability to hit a deadline daily and in long-term planning
Special Skills Required:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Superior on-air presence
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum one-year experience in news reporting or anchoring
Nexstar offers strong benefits including health, vision, dental and life insurance for full time employees and a 401k contribution plan for eligible employees.
How to Apply
ALL applicants must apply on-line at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar. Please upload resume and references.
Must pass background check to hire.
Fort Wayne, IN
Digital, News, On-Air,