Production Assistants (part time & full time)
• Run studio camera for all newscasts and related cut ins as directed by Production Manager or newscast director.
• Prepare studio for all productions.
• Perform studio maintenance and housecleaning as necessary.
• Assist with all aspects of pre-production.
• Daily production of episodic.
• Work with the sales department on client relations and services.
• Daily work in studio environment.
• Assist with station “Special Projects”
• Maintain good communication between all departments.
• Report to Production Manager on a daily basis.
• Other duties and responsibilities as they arise.
• Knowledge of television production principles and practices.
• Working knowledge of studio and EFP lighting.
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion.
• Working knowledge of newsroom operation.
• Must be self motivated, and multitask well.
Requires early morning or evening and weekend work.
• Requires somewhat flexible hours.
• Occasional outside work in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to lift and carry large and small items, such as camera and lighting equipment, set pieces, and other items with weights up to fifty pounds.
Bachelor’s degree in Television/Film or related field preferred.
• One year in television production preferred.
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of production EFP and studio techniques.
• Valid driver’s license.
Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Flex, & PTO
How to Apply
Apply online: www.https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Nexstar Broadcasting is an EOE