WLFI-TV seeks a television Newscast Producer. Our next newsroom team member will deliver news important to viewers with local, accurate, and visual content. WLFI’s newsroom is a team atmosphere and we’re looking for someone who can come in to play a pivotal role in our successful newsroom. The primary purpose is to create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms using strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
• Developing newscasts and local programs; responsible for writing, and showcasing
• Working closely with news managers and assignment editors to determine content
• Executing time-sensitive decisions
• Responsible for oversight of live broadcast
• Desktop editing
• Posting content to WLFI’s Web site
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Edius preferred
• Excellent conversational and creative writing skills
• Must have strong communication and organization skills
• Adaptable, self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
WLFI TV offers Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Coverage options, 401k, and paid time off.
How to Apply
Allen Media Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer. Allen Media Broadcasting recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other legally-protected status.
NOTE: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned. Job offer contingent on Background Check and Drug Screen.
Apply online at www.wlfi.com or https://allenmediabroadcasting.com/careers/wlfi.html
WLFI - TV