NEWS DIRECTOR – WFIE
WFIE 14News, “The Tri-State’s News Leader” is looking for our next News Director. We are looking for a dynamic news professional who excels with high expectations, passion, and dedication. The candidate will lead development of content for the 14News platforms. The qualified candidate should possess the skills to successfully lead and teach a diverse staff of journalists who seek to raise the bar of integrity and quality of the products. The News Director is a Department Head position and reports directly to the General Manager.
• Supervising and coordinating news staff and all efforts leading to quality, relevant content
• Make sure content is delivered to the Tri-State across multiple platforms with trusted accuracy and timeliness.
• Set and disseminate standards and expectations for news and operations employees.
• Work in conjunction with other department managers to accomplish overall station mission and goals.
• Review daily newscasts for ensure quality control and well-balanced newscasts.
• Oversee the planning for news coverage.
• Prepare and control news budget for operating and capital expenditures.
• Create and implement strategic plans for audience growth.
• Build and maintain key relationships to foster a positive news image within the community.
• Approve all newsroom and operations personnel decisions.
• Responsible for building, training, and empowering an effective newsroom management team and staff.
• Possess a deep understanding of news as it relates to the ever-changing media landscape.
• A proven record of success in leadership, production and distribution of local news, and development of talent
• Strong leadership skills and excellent news judgment
• A successful track record utilizing multi-media digital assets maximizing how news is covered and distributed.
• A passion for production and storytelling, combined with an unwavering commitment to journalistic ethics and standards.
Gray Television offers Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident Insurance, company-paid Life and Disability programs, Whole Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts, Paid Time Off, and Paid Parental Leave to eligible employees.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your cover letter, resume, and references.