Multi-media Journalist JRO32253
WRTV, The E.W. Scripps Company station in Indianapolis, IN is looking for a Multimedia Journalist. The MMJ will be responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content, and editing stories for multiple platforms. The MMJ will further the mission of the station by telling strong, character-driven stories and being involved in the community. Join a strong team with excellent leadership! Apply today!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Develop sources and break relevant stories on all platforms.
· Pitch, shoot, write, track, and edit compelling enterprise and real-time stories.
· Confirm accuracy of information before broadcasting, publishing, or posting stories.
· Dig for stories that impact local communities.
· Produce packaged reports and go live from the scene when necessary.
· Help producers prepare newscasts by identifying the best video and sound to showcase from your stories.
· Publish and post stories and updates to the station website and social media sites.
· Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
· Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems
· Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred
· Knowledge of broadcast-quality camera equipment
· Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment
· Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills
· Proficient at posting content to various websites
· Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record required, in addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
· Generally, 3+ years experience in related field preferred
How to Apply