WANE is looking for a multi-media journalist ready to take their skills to the next level in a newsroom that fosters growth and development. The Multimedia Journalist produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits, and feeds news production content.
Individual must work well independently and as a part of a small team.
Additional Job Description:
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details
• Determines a story’s emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, or other functions
• Pitches stories to news managers which are relevant to the local community
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements
• Shoots, writes, and edits all their own content
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Superior on-air presence
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Must pass background screening to hire
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Nexstar Media Inc. offers strong benefits including health, vision, dental and life insurance for full time employees and a 401(k) matching plan for eligible employees.
How to Apply
ALL applicants must apply on-line at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Fort Wayne, IN