CUMULUS MEDIA | INDIANAPOLIS is searching for an Engineer. The Engineer assists the Engineering Managers in this fast pace market with the installation, maintenance/repair of studio equipment, transmitting and ancillary equipment in order to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. Includes: assisting with telecommunications, computer and networking systems.
Who We Are: Cumulus Indianapolis is the largest radio group in the state and currently features six radio stations in the Indianapolis area and surrounding counties: Active Rock 93.9 WNDX-FM, Country 95.5 WFMS-FM, CHR 99.5 WZPL-FM, Classic Hits 104.5 WJJK-FM, Hot AC 107.9 WNTR-FM and Sports 1430 WXNT-AM. The cluster of six radio stations reaches thousands of listeners on a daily basis.
• Maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
• Tracking of station vehicle maintenance
• Follows routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
• Performs necessary measurements of equipment performance
• Installs and performs maintenance on broadcast consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
• Assists with maintenance and support of computer networks and related systems
• Facility HVAC troubleshooting and operational maintenance
• Travel to station towers and other markets may be required
• Provide coverage in the absence of other engineering staff
• 24/7 on call
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations preferred
• Computer literacy in or the desire to lean applicable software packages which may include (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, OpX automation, etc.)
• Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level preferred
• Ability to assist in troubleshooting and repairing AM and FM transmitting facilities
• Knowledge of electrical systems and the UPS and standby generators
• Troubleshoot HVAC systems problems and minor maintenance as needed
• Interact with management and staff at all levels
• Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines and skills in prioritizing
• May be required to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders is required
• Minimum 2+ years in broadcast engineering or related field is desirable
• All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations.
Education and Licensing:
• Associates or technical degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent level of experience
• SBE Certification a plus
• MCSE, MCSA, Network+, or A+ certification is beneficial
• Must possess valid state driver’s license and provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance
What we offer:
• Competitive pay
• Professional growth and career path
• Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
• 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit https://www.cumulusmedia.com/careers/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).