WEVV-TV (CBS44 & Fox44) is recruiting an experienced Account Executive who has the ability to create marketing ideas and campaigns for local business utilizing outlets such as Indianapolis Colts, NFL Football, SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and PAC 12 college football, UK and IU basketball, March Madness, NASCAR, Golf, WWE, and the fastest growing newscast in the Evansville market, 44News!
If chosen, you will join a highly successful sales team comprised of seasoned media sales professionals. Candidates must possess a proven track record in new business development, strong presentation skills, and ability to meet or exceed revenue goals on a consistent basis. If you are an individual that is looking to move up in market size, advance your career, seeking the next challenge or would simply like to sell the hottest affiliation combo in America with CBS and FOX, please apply here.
Responsible for the development of revenue through the maintenance, servicing and development of new and existing accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consistently build client base and generate revenue by:
o Upgrading/upselling existing client sales
o Developing new clients and new business for the stations
o Generating new revenue from dormant accounts
o Prospecting, probing, analyzing needs, solving marketing and advertising problems, creating unique promotions, finding solutions and closing sales orders
o Developing relationships with accounts so that both stations receive more than their proportionate share of the market business
o Maximize inventory usage
o Meeting or exceeding agreed upon budget goals
o Selling inventory at the highest possible rate
o Taking personal responsibility to replace business with account attrition occurs
o Ongoing reinforcement of the positive image of the station, thereby increasing the perceived value and translating that into high rates
• Makes a minimum number of in-person calls, client contacts, presentations, proposals and other sales related activities as assigned by the Sales Management Team.
• Managing station’s account lists so that all accounts are covered well at all times
• Preparing accurate and timely sales orders, avail requests, production orders, traffic instructions and other reports that may be required
• Provides full-service to clients internally and externally including correct execution of all necessary paperwork and ensuring that commercials are in-house by the assigned deadlines
• Adheres to credit policies established by the station
• Collects accounts receivables within the required deadlines
• Adheres to all systems and reporting procedures set forth by Sales Management
• Actively participates in sales meetings and seminars
• Stay current on business/market conditions in order to anticipate changes in the business environment and adapt to those changes
• Effectively utilizes computers and specialized sales software
• Establishes and maintains a positive line of communication with all station team departments and members
• Other duties as assigned.
Other Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Participates in station promotional events as necessary
• Performs all other tasks perceived, assigned and/or required that contribute to the smooth running of the sales department and to the achievement of the departmental and station goals
• All station employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the workplace and be cheerful, cooperative, productive and to perform other such duties as may be required for the efficient operation of the stations
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), college preferred
• Prior sales experience is mandatory
How to Apply
Apply at https://www.wevv.com/about-us/jobs