The account executive’s duties include, but are not limited to, the solicitation of advertising orders from the servicing of accounts the Company may assign to you (in the sole judgment and discretion of the Company) as well as the prospecting, contacting, and development of new clients/accounts to the Company. The account executive performs duties under the general direction and control of the General Sales Manager and the Director of Sales of the Station and any other person(s) so designated by the Company. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management. The primary job of the account executive is to sell the Company’s products which include, but are not limited to the sale of the following products of the Station/Company: Broadcast airtime, Event sponsorships, Website packages, and other sales promotion programs.
1. Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
2. Be at the station no later than 9:00am Monday-Friday
3. Attend weekly sales meetings on time, as well as other weekly meetings/training sessions as designated by Sales Manager/DOS, i.e. promotion meetings, sales training, NTR meetings
4. Be out of the office from 10a-4pm every day, on the streets seeing clients/prospects. Prime Selling Time.
5. Make a minimum of 3 to 6 calls daily which include: new business calls, cold calls, proposal presentations, etc.
6. Prepare paperwork, research accounts, etc.
7. Return phone calls, emails, and follow up on faxes within 4 business hours or by date due.
8. Write up sales orders, copy requests, and production orders on a timely basis based on specific sales/production deadlines of your clients and station.
9. Turn in a weekly planner to station GSM indicating your plan of action for the upcoming week, the sales activity of the prior week and meeting with GSM weekly in a 1:1 meeting to review.
10. Collect all monies owed the station/company when due.
11. Keep your Account Management system binder updated every week and review in your 1:1 with GSM.
12. Constantly prospect for new accounts that can benefit from advertising on your station. Sources of leads: other radio stations, newspapers, TV, outdoor, direct mail, Yellow pages, Internet, etc.
13. Contact those prospects to determine the advertising decision maker, and then research the client’s specific business or the business category using: RAB, websites, physical visits to clients business, trade, internet, Hoovers, etc.
14. Make an appointment with the client for an in-depth needs analysis and determine specific needs/marketing challenges for the client. Come up with creative ideas to solve these needs, write a needs based proposal including a spec spot and present to client
15. Send out client thank you letters and articles of interest to that client.
16. Bi-lingual is preferred, but not required.
High School Degree, prefer College Degree
Health, Dental, Vision and Bonuses available.
How to Apply
Send resume to JOBS@WEDJFM.COM