Start Date: TBA
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Terre Haute, Indiana
Contact Person: Leslie May
Contact Email: [email protected]
We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
• Proficient at screening and logging video tapes and providing written editing instructions to tape editors.
• Adept at ad-lib presentations, without aid of scripts and/or teleprompters.
• Possess exceptional research skills.
Experience preferred, but not required.
Training/Equipment: Operate newsroom computer systems.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field preferred
About Heartland Media:
Heartland Media offers strong benefits including health, vision, dental and life insurance for full time employees and a 401(k) contribution plan for eligible employees
WTHI-TV is seeking a Sports Anchor/Sports Reporter/Photographer to join our award-winning team. We’re a smaller market station, but we take news seriously. We’re a dominant #1 station with great resources and a long tradition of success.
JOB SUMMARY: Report news and feature stories, blogs and other material originated by the reporter, or assigned by the editor, and read them accurately, clearly and concisely and in an engaging manner.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Build network of informational sources that will enable the Company to stay ahead of its competitors.
• Develop ideas for news, feature and enterprise pieces, as well as investigative stories.
• Collect and analyze facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation.
• Gather accurate and interesting information for newscast presentations.
• Present clear, creative and accurate live shots.
• Produce accurate, complete and compelling news copy on deadline.
Instructions to Apply:
Please apply at: