Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Station: WOWO-AM News/Talk
Contact Person: Jim Allgeier
Contact Phone: (260) 447-5511
Contact Email: [email protected]
We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer
See Job Description
Health, Vision, Dental, HSA, 401K
• Do you have a strong understanding of local news and solid station programming?
• Do you understand great news writing, presentation, and on-air execution?
• Do you have a strong sense of news ethics and integrity?
• Do you understand the importance of digital content and revenue and what it represents for the future of radio?
• Can you bridge the gap between podcasting and radio?
• Can you get the most out of talented talk show hosts and make them even better?
• Do you embrace and champion new technology in news (web, text, social media, video, etc)?
• Do you have examples of good marketing, promotion and community involvement projects that you conceived and executed?
WOWO is a top-rated radio station in Fort Wayne with a storied heritage as one of America’s last bastions of independent ownership. You will have all the tools you need to achieve anticipated growth.
Preferred candidates will have skills in news-talk programming, APD or operational experience. They will be able to work well with others and have a good understanding of local issues, current events and politics. Most importantly, our ideal candidate will have the desire to learn the heartbeat of WOWOland. We would also like to hear from News Directors looking to make the next step. Regardless of experience, if you feel you have the talent and can prove it to us, we want to hear from you. Confidentiality assured. WOWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions to Apply:
E-mail resume to [email protected]