Start Date: Immediately
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Fort Wayne
Contact Person: Jonathan Shelley
Contact Email: [email protected]
We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer
• Produce newscasts on a daily basis
• Contribute, write and proofread stories
• Post text, pictures and videos to digital / social media platforms
• Participate in station community-related partnerships
Requires / Qualifications
• Experience in live broadcast news environment preferred
• College degree in journalism or related field preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Rich with ideas for coverage
• Work very well under deadline pressure
• Self-motivated while motivating those around you
WPTA-TV provides competitive compensation and excellent comprehensive benefits package, including 401k.
Do you have a passion for producing? WPTA Television, Inc., Fort Wayne, Indiana is seeking a producer to join its 55-member news team. The successful candidate must be able to produce a creative, compelling, visually appealing newscast every day. You must be able to manage content on multiple platforms: TV, web, mobile and social media.
We’re looking for a hard-working journalist who can create an experience for viewers, not simply write and organize news copy. Strong writing and storytelling skills are a must. The person we hire will have a record of aggressively using social media. Candidates should have clear and strong interpersonal communication skills.
WPTA is part of Quincy Media, Inc., a family owned company operating 20 television stations. Throughout QMI, positions are available for candidates with all levels of experience. Visit https://quincymediacareers.com/ for links to all stations and opportunities.
Instructions to Apply:
Submit your cover letter and resume with references, plus online links to your work to Jonathan Shelley, News Director at: [email protected]
WPTA-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.