Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: South Bend, IN
Contact Person: Mary Aupperle
Contact Email: [email protected]
We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer
Discussed at the interview.
College degree preferred with 3-5 years of fundraising experience.
Partially paid health, vision and life insurance, voluntary dental insurance, vacation, personal, and sick time, 403(b), EAP, YMCA Membership, Kroc Center discount, Potawatomi Zoo membership.
Develop strategy and manage all aspects of major, planned and capital giving through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of existing and prospective donors.
- Create and implement individual, private foundation, and corporate major gifts and planned gift strategies in collaboration with the Vice President of Development.
- Act as primary relationship manager with WNIT’s Giving Society – “Directors Circle” (approximately 200 donors)
- Manage relationship process for individual, private foundation, and corporate major donors including prospect development, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Plan and implement funding campaigns, stewardship events and activities for major gift donors
- Establish relationships with estate planners.
- Identify and cultivate donors capable of higher giving levels, moving mid-level gifts to major gifts.
- Plan and execute major gift materials, including proposals, stewardship materials, and recognition.
- Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity to achieve revenue goals
- Report relationship management activity using constituent management system including identification, qualification, cultivation activity, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and current major donors
- Oversee WNIT’s annual Day of Giving; including secure challenge funds, solicit new donors and work with marketing staff to promote the day.
- Assist with other responsibilities as assigned
Education: College degree preferred or equivalent experience. CFRE designation desirable.
Skills and Experience: 3-5 years fundraising experience. Knowledge of trends in major giving, familiarity with local/regional donors and foundations, and strong oral and written communication skills desired. Ability to serve as ambassador for the station to communicate with all levels of constituents.
Instructions to Apply:
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to: [email protected], or mail to WNIT Public Television, Attn: Philanthropic Gifts Officer Search Committee, PO Box 7034, South Bend, IN 46634-7034. Please mention how you learned about this position. EOE