Start Date: TBD
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Contact Person: Rhonda Poulson
Contact Phone: (260) 481-1516
Contact Email: [email protected]
We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer
• Minimum three-five years of media sales experience and 2 years’ experience in media sales management.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• Must pass a required background check
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve the knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners and other office equipment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Television Software Systems: Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Sales, Matrix and Marshall Marketing
• Must have a fundamental understanding of ComScore ratings and methodology for rating projection and evaluation
• Responsible for setting the pace and constantly providing feedback to account executives to improve their performance
• Manage key local accounts with account executives
• Use the provided sales tools successfully. Ensure your sales team is using these tools to maximize their performance
• Lead weekly sales meetings
• Communicate regularly with the Director of Sales on all aspects of local business
• Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts as required
• Ability to effectively price and provide inventory management principles, along with forecasting revenues
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
WANE/Nexstar Broadcasting Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits plans
WANE-TV, Fort Wayne, IN has an opening for an experienced Local Sales Manager. The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Sales department including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals across Broadcast and Digital Platforms. The ideal candidate should be highly organized, driven, disciplined and someone who enjoys creating a high-performance culture with strong accountability. Must be able to coach and lead account executives by participating in client meetings, building deeper relationships with decision makers and making multiple four-legged calls per week. A teacher who is fair, consistent and positive with the ability to support, and inspire our sales team is a MUST. Leadership ability is essential.
Instructions to Apply:
All applicants must apply on-line at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar. Please upload a cover letter, resume and references. No phone calls please.