REQ-27702 Director of Technology
The Director of Technology oversees the day-to-day operations of the Engineering Department and is responsible for ensuring proper operation and maintenance of all technology for top-rated Indianapolis Duopoly Fox59 & CBS4, local multicast station the Dot, and support of the co-located Nexstar Master Control and Traffic hubs. This leadership position reports directly to the WXIN-TV/WTTV-TV VP/GM.
Manages all aspects of the Engineering Department
· Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Engineering Department
· Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and termination of employees.
· Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station.
· Ensures station compliance with FCC rules and regulations, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations applicable to the station.
· Manage capital and operational budgets.
· Works with corporate leadership to develop and implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station.
· Manages a staff of Engineering technicians.
· Manages the information technology staff and systems.
· Assigns projects to staff and verifies deadlines are being met.
· Works with corporate leadership to manage engineering and facility capital projects to the established budgets.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Manages facility operations and security staff at our main facility and multiple tower sites.
A minimum of 10 years’ experience working as an engineer at a broadcast facility, with a minimum of three years’ experience in a leadership role
· A successful record of employee development and mentorship
· Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
· Proficiency with common office equipment and software (Microsoft Office applications, Windows operating systems, etc.)
· Experience with remote broadcast productions, studio operations and equipment and common broadcast infrastructure technology
· Experience with broadcast transmitters, microwave equipment, cellular and bonded cellular technology and applicable FCC rules and regulations involving the same.
· Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing, and maintaining broadcast equipment and information technology systems.
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and respond to issues 24/7
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills, a can-do attitude and be able to solve problems creatively under pressure.
Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401k
How to Apply