PT Board Op
CUMULUS MEDIA | (Indianapolis, IN) is offering a great opportunity as a (Part-Time) Board Operator providing programming and control board support to On-Air Talent. Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, and be highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The position requires extreme reliability and flexibility. If you are a fast-learner familiar with audio equipment and automation, have a good demeanor around others, and have a passion for radio, read on.
Who We Are: Cumulus | Indianapolis currently features six radio stations in the Indianapolis area and surrounding counties: Active Rock 93.9 WNDX-FM, Country 95.5 WFMS-FM, CHR 99.5 WZPL-FM, Classic Hits 104.5 WJJK-FM, Hot AC 107.9 WNTR-FM and Sports 1430 WXNT-AM. The cluster of six radio stations reaches thousands of listeners on a daily basis
• Running the board in a radio station control room broadcasting a variety of live or pre-recorded local and syndicated radio programs and sports play by play.
• Playing all commercials as scheduled and maintaining a commercial and transmitter log
• Selecting bumper music, when needed, and back-timing pre-recorded programs for smooth transition back to live programming
• Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment
• Monitor for EAS Alerts, Ambers Alerts and breaking news
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Some college radio or small market radio experience preferred
• Previous board operation experience preferred
• Audio production skills required
• Familiar with FCC rules and regulations and EAS guidelines
• Proficient using computer systems such as Microsoft Office Suite, OpX, AudioVault, Wide Orbit, ENCO, Soundgorge, Nuendo, Vox Pro, Adobe Audition or other audio editing and automation programs
• Knowledge of basic electronic wiring and sound system set-up
• Familiar with audio mixers and remote monitoring systems for radio transmissions
• Flexibility in scheduling required; majority of the hours are in the evenings, weekends and holidays
Some College Radio or Small Market Radio Experience Preferred
What we offer:
• Competitive pay
• Professional growth and career path
• Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit https://cumulusmedia.jobs.net/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).