Producer-Editor/Videographer Hometown Living Show
WSBT is looking for a Lifestyle Producer- Editor/Videographer for the HomeTown Living Show. This person will be working directly with the Executive Producer and Lifestyle team members to create content for HTL. As the Lifestyle Department, our mission is to provide local, informative, and entertaining programming that matters to our community; to serve as an outlet for our clients to reach new customers while growing revenue in a non-traditional sales opportunity; to build our viewers to become the top-rated lifestyle show in the market.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team-
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
The ideal candidate needs to be knowledgeable on national, regional and pop culture news. Must be able to write, produce, shoot and edit video. We are looking for people with news experience and a track record of making smart content decisions. Lifestyle producer-Editor /videographer will be a part of a team that will create content for the HomeTown Living Show. The ideal candidate must be a team player with strong communication and writing skills.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
· Write stories for daily shows and digital platforms
· Conduct research on stories
· Gather, write, edit and deliver Lifestyle content
· Edit video news / web stories for all platforms
· Write scripts and material for stories under tight deadlines
· Knowledge and skills for integrating content with accompanying digital and social platforms
· Understanding of News/ Lifestyle writing and story structure
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Must have strong communication and writing skills
· Must be extremely organized, motivated and a self-starter
· Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a constantly changing news environment
· Knowledge of Avid editing technology is a definite plus
· Ability to work with a multitude of people and personalities while maintaining a professional work environment
· Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
· Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and be able to operate news vehicles
Sinclair offers a generous Benefits package!
How to Apply
Apply at https://sbgi.net/careers/
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free