Do you have a passion for politics, local video productions and documentaries? Do you like taking storytelling to a new level? Are you a self starter?
PBS Michiana WNIT seeks a dynamic Producer specializing in politics, documentary production and storytelling. You’ll produce Politically Speaking, a weekly half hour program that takes an in-depth look at local, state and national issues impacting the area. You’ll also work with a talented and award-winning production staff on local productions and documentary programs. You’ll have the opportunity, daily, to learn, develop and grow in an exciting team environment with creative and out of the box thinkers.
The Producer guides and mentors videographers, studio crew, editors, production assistants and other staff to research, gather and organize information to write and overall create compelling story/program content using a palette of audio/video/computer equipment for delivery to a variety of distribution platforms. Your skills include producing, directing, shooting, editing, writing and overall project management. You will consistently meet daily deadlines as well as adhere to ethical, technical, legal and aesthetic standards.
• Proactive identification of ideas, concepts and issues for program development or special presentations that fit the strategic direction of the station.
• Create multimedia content for web sites, television broadcasts, social media, or a combination of such media.
• Develop and strengthen client and community relationships throughout the entire production process from idealization to post-production.
• Research and interview for accurate information in script writing.
• Shoot/edit video for field projects or arrange to have segments shot/edited as desired.
• Strong familiarity with, background in and passion for politics.
• Cover topics involving politics, community and current issues in the Michiana area.
• Manage workflow and asset management/archive solutions.
• Assist with other responsibilities as assigned.
• Experience in Mac platform Adobe CC, Premiere, After Effects
• Highly skilled writer
• Experience with politics and community connections
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
• Strong attention to quality, information depth, accuracy, detail, and balanced content
• Skilled at making complex topics understandable to general public
• Experience with video production equipment (cameras, editing software, studio, audio, lighting) a plus
Desirable traits include:
• Team leader, deadline driven
• Proactive, “can-do” attitude
• “Out of the box” thinker
• Self-motivated, self-starter, ability to perform congenially in deadline-driven environment
• Able to work collaboratively with a team or independently, as needed
• Enthusiasm for the mission of WNIT and the role of public media in a changing journalistic environment
Compensation: $36,000 to $38,000 annually.
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Statement of Diversity
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity and innovation for PBS Michiana WNIT. We value the contribution of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, ability and opinions enrich the community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach and diversity.
Skills and Experience: 1-2 years broadcast or television experience preferred. Strong interpersonal communication skills for interaction with community in various capacities. Attention to detail in all aspects of production. Strong written communication to synthesize detail for clear and concise script. Non-profit experience a plus.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field preferred and/or equivalent experience in the field.
Current benefits include: Partially paid health, vision & life insurance and voluntary dental and life insurance; Retirement plan and matching; Paid vacation, sick and personal time; Paid holidays; Free membership to the Potawatomi Zoo; Free membership to the YMCA/O’Brien Center; EAP
How to Apply
Think this is the perfect opportunity for you? Apply by emailing a cover letter, resume, and a link or sample of your work to [email protected] or mail to PBS Michiana WNIT, Attn: Producer Search Committee, PO Box 7034, South Bend, IN 46634-7034. Please mention how you learned about this position. EOE
PBS Michiana WNIT
South Bend, IN