NEWS PRODUCER (PRIMARY)
14 News, WFIE is looking for a producer to join our winning team! We dominate on-air, online and Over The Top, so we want someone who wants to win, accurately and creatively. Our producers are focused, strong writers with excellent time management skills and attention to detail. You want to be comfortable working with others and with explaining your vision.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Be able to write clearly and accurately; great grammar.
– Able to work well under sometimes intense pressure and tight deadlines.
– Strong initiative and attention to detail.
– Work with news team to decide on what stories to produce and report.
– Work closely with news anchors to produce and execute clear information and/or news stories
to the viewer.
– Assist other producers as well as fill in on all news broadcasts.
– Ability to quickly recognize and organize stories for the upcoming new broadcast.
There will be other duties as assigned from time to time.
– Work closely with news anchors to produce and execute clear information and/or news stories.
– Candidate must be a motivated team player with a great attitude. Successful candidate must be a strong writer, have a deep understanding of a story’s context and have a strong news judgment. Successful candidate will thrive in bringing order to the chaos of breaking news reporting, producing the market’s best overall coverage on a consistent basis.
– You must be very comfortable with change, able to alter your newscast before and during broadcast, and do it accurately. Producers are communicators at heart and must be comfortable over-communicating plans and changes with managers, anchors, reporters, and production team to ensure your vision is executed on the air.
– Producer will have strong working relationship with the director. This is a job for an artist, who understands the science of research, ratings, and daily logistical calculations.
– Will have an eye for creative and engaging graphics. What you bring to the job should be a higher sense of what makes for “Great TV.” Must have the excellent writing skills and have the ability to visualize the newscast. Active, engaged movement and changes keep your audience focused. Ideal candidate will have inciteful social media skills.
– Candidate must be calm in the heat of the moment and able to steer your team in the right direction.
– College degree in journalism or related field required. Must hold a valid driver’s license
College degree in journalism or related field required. Must hold a valid driver’s license
Gray Television offers Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident Insurance, company-paid Life and Disability programs, Whole Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts, Paid Time Off, and Paid Parental Leave to eligible employees.
How to Apply
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
WFIE-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company