Multimedia journalist/Community & Culture, WRTV JRO30463
WRTV is looking for a Multimedia journalist that is focused on Indianapolis’ community and culture. This position is also responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms.• Develop story ideas that focus on the culture of our communities, including unique people, places and happenings around Central Indiana.
• Deliver intentional and meaningful enterprise storytelling that provides context to issues in underserved areas of Central Indiana and showcases possible solutions
• Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
• Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Write and produce quality news stories related to community and cultural happenings for multiple media platforms.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet, digital, and OTT channels.
Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
Proficient at posting content to various websites.
Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
Minimum of two years of experience
How to Apply