WEVV-TV, the CBS & FOX affiliate in Evansville, Indiana, is looking for a Meteorologist/Weather Multimedia Journalist.
Deliver weather information in a clear, pleasant, authoritative, and professional manner. This includes on air, on-line, and for social media. Gather and report news during the week. Be prepared to fill in for other meteorologists as needed. Represent the station at community events such as parades, station sponsored events, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide weather information for assigned newscasts.
• Provide weather information for station’s web site.
• Be available, as conditions dictate, to provide weather information outside newscasts, such as during severe weather.
• Be available, as conditions dictate, to report to work during normal time off to assist with weather coverage.
• Gather and relay weather information in a timely, accurate and interesting manner.
• Add production value to shows through graphics, live shots, drone photography, etc.
• Gather, write, and report weather news in a timely, accurate, and confident manner.
• Stay on top of local, state, national & international weather news.
• Cultivate sources, and come to work with story ideas.
• Edit stories
• Receive and answer phone calls from viewers in a professional manner.
• Represent the station at community events such as parades, station sponsored events, speeches at schools or to various organizations, etc.
• Be available for various promotional shoots
• Perform all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required that contribute to the smooth running for the department and to the achievement of departmental and station goals.
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drone certification a plus.
College degree in meteorology preferred.
401K. Health Insurance. Dental. Vision. Gym Membership.
How to Apply
Interested in joining our team? Send a resume and a link to samples of their work:
Digital, News, Production,