WANE is looking for a digital producer ready to take their skills to the next level in a newsroom that fosters growth and development. The Digital Producer produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content specifically for digital and social media platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to wane.com and our mobile apps. This is a nightly position and requires some holidays and weekends. There is NO ON-AIR component to this job.
Additional Job Description:
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Curates the content on WANE.com to maximize viewing potential for our web audience
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details
• Determines a story’s emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Nexstar Inc. offers strong benefits including health, vision, dental and life insurance for all full time employees and a 401(k) matching plan for eligible employees.
How to Apply
ALL applicants must apply on-line at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar. Please upload resume.
Fort Wayne, IN