Creative Services Director
Here’s your chance to lead the creative team at a legacy number one station in a growing market! WANE 15 is a CBS affiliate with the top-rated newscasts, network programming, syndicated and lifestyle shows in the market. You’ll be promoting a strong brand with a massive online presence in Fort Wayne, IN – one of the most affordable cities in the country. As Creative Services Director you’ll manage a team of six.
The Creative Services Director is responsible for developing and leading the overall marketing strategy of the station, and for designing the promotions that will achieve the objectives of that strategy.
• Provides leadership for the promotions team, and manages recruitment and development of team members
• Plans and directs promotions and station events
• Develops and executes promotions strategies to enhance station competitiveness.
• Prepares budgets, makes and approves budget expenditures
• Plans, executes and tracks revenue-generated marketing and promotional events and contests that take place on-air, online and on-site
• Creates and reviews operational records and reports to assess the efficacy of promotions
• Creates client promotions and promotional proposals with members of the Sales, News and Programming teams
• Responsible for the brand identity of the station and website
• Supervises local commercial production
• Maintains relationships with community partners
• Coordinates promotion of and participation in community events
• Supervises and oversees locally produced lifestyle show
• Maintains a calendar of community events, station initiatives, and special projects
• Oversees the station’s on-air graphics packages and related equipment
• Works with CBS to promote network programming and execute co-branding opportunities
• Must be hands-on, with the ability to produce spots as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Five year’s experience in media promotions preferred
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
• Talent for writing, videography, and graphic design. Proficiency in related equipment and software
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator)
• Able to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The Creative Services Director must be able to stand, sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the CSD must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements may be required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k Match
How to Apply
ALL applicants must apply on-line at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar. Please upload resume and references.
Fort Wayne, IN